Our range of trough planters includes every design from classic to contemporary. We also make bespoke troughs so please get in touch to discuss your requirements.
We hope you find what you're looking for in our range of trough planters above. If not, please contact us and our friendly, knowledgeable staff will be happy to assist you. We create bespoke designs to suit every taste, so please do ask us for details.
We manufacture all our trough planters using fibreglass (also called fiberglass and glass fibre) for its lightness and to withstand the test of time - even for outdoor use. The other big advantage of this versatile material is that it allows us to replicate terracotta, lead, bronze and beaten copper, alongside contemporary nishes mimicking modern concrete and high gloss ceramic.
Tips for using your trough planter
1. Cover the base of your pot or planter with a drainage layer made up of things like loose stones, broken polystyrene and broken terracotta.
2. Add compost to the level of the bases of your largest pots - aim to leave a 2 cm gap between the top of the compost and the rim of the pot.
3. Keeping your plants still in their pots, arrange them in the window box. Make sure that taller plants are at the back.
4. When you're happy with the display, knock the plants out of their pots and put them into position.
5. Keep some space between plants as this will allow them to develop. It also helps prevents diseases from affecting multiple plants. Fill in any gaps with compost, then water.
Which plants to choose for your trough
You’ve got a huge selection to choose from so we advise to firstly work out whether your window box will be in sun or shade, and whether it is sheltered or exposed. This should inform the types of plant or flower you choose for your window box.
If you’re looking for a decorative centrepiece, without the maintenance overheads, check out our stunning range of artificial plants, flowers, trees and shrubs.