Find a great selection of window boxes and window box planters to suit every taste.. and window ledge. We can also make bespoke window boxes to meet all your requirements.
Check out our stunning range of window boxes and window planters above. If you can't find what you're looking for, please contact us and our friendly, knowledgeable staff will be happy to assist you. We create bespoke designs to suit every taste, so please do ask us for details.
We manufacture all our window boxes using fibreglass (also called fiberglass and glass fibre) for its lightness and to withstand the test of time - even for outdoor use. The other big advantage of this versatile material is that it allows us to replicate terracotta, lead, bronze and beaten copper, alongside contemporary nishes mimicking modern concrete and high gloss ceramic.
Tips for installing your window box
1. Before buying a window box, measure your windowsill – remembering to measure the depth as well as length.
2. Cover the base of your window box with a drainage layer made up of things like loose stones, broken polystyrene and broken terracotta.
3. Add compost to the level of the bases of your largest pots - aim to leave a 2 cm gap between the top of the compost and the rim of the pot.
4. Keeping your plants still in their pots, arrange them in the window box. Make sure that taller plants are at the back.
5. When you're happy with the display, knock the plants out of their pots and put them into position.
6. Keep some space between plants as this will allow them to develop. It also helps prevents diseases from affecting multiple plants. Fill in any gaps with compost, then water.
Which plants to choose for your window box
You’ve got a huge selection to choose from so we advise to firstly work out whether your window box will be in sun or shade, and whether it is sheltered or exposed. This should inform the types of plant or flower you choose for your window box.